You can find us on St Peter’s Road, Birkdale, PR8 4BY
From 5th July the Church building will be open for worship on Sundays 10.45-11.45am
However, it will not be back to ‘business as usual’ for some time. The format of the service will be shorter and simpler than usual and communion will not be celebrated at present.
There are lots of guidelines to follow and we strongly urge anyone who is at increased risk of severe disease from COVID-19 to read these before choosing to attend.
- The Worship notes will continue to be distributed by email and on the website
- The Worship notes will form the basis of the Church service
- The recorded reflection will continue to be available on 01704 339450 (local call rates apply)
- Hymns will be projected on screen though no singing is allowed
- At this stage, neither welcomers nor sidespeople are required to help run the service
- The tri-weekly Zoom Church sessions are continuing for now – please contact the office on email@example.com for more information
Regretfully, there are a number of conditions and recommendations to follow in order to adhere to government and C of E guidelines and these are in consideration of your safety. Please read and note these carefully.
- Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend
- Anyone self-isolating should not attend
- Anyone currently “shielding” should not attend
- Social distancing should be maintained (2 metres)
- Singing is not allowed
- There should be no social interaction within the building except within household groups
- Please minimise touching people and other objects
- Please do not switch seats once you are seated
- Please sanitise your hands when entering Church
- Please follow instructions about the ‘one-way system’ for entering and exiting
- Face masks may be worn
- Refreshment facilities will not be available
- The Children’s area will not be available
- Toilet facilities will not be available
- A temporary record (21 days) will be kept of attendees to comply with “Test and Trace”
COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR VULNERABLE GROUPS
Certain groups of people are at increased risk of severe disease from COVID-19 including people who are:
- aged 70 or older (regardless of medical conditions)
- aged under 70 with an underlying health condition listed below (and anyone instructed to get a flu jab each year on medical grounds)
- chronic (long-term) mild to moderate respiratory diseases such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS) or cerebral palsy
- a weakened immune system as the result of certain conditions, treatments like chemotherapy or medicines such as steroid tablets
- being seriously overweight (a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above)
- pregnant women
Current guidelines for people in these groups are to stay at home and follow social distancing guidelines – the current government guideline for those with increased risk of serious disease is that you should avoid attending faith gatherings.
However, the Church (the people) is still here for you!
Please contact the Church Wardens, Administrator and Ministers on the numbers below for support and further information.
Ailsa 07723 527 865 (pastoral support, joining the phone buddy list and a friendly chat!)
Kelly 07395 519 617 (help with shopping, collecting prescriptions, reporting incidents relating to church buildings)
Kate 01704 631985 (office enquiries, items for notices and magazine, finances and a friendly chat!)
Rev Ian 01704 550027 (pastoral support)
Rev Eddie 01704 568141 (pastoral support)
During more typical times we would usually gather together at various times and for various purposes throughout the week. Our main worship services are on Sunday mornings, according to this pattern:
First Sunday of the month:
10:45am Common Worship Communion Service, including opportunity to receive prayer for healing.
Second Sunday of the month:
9:00am Common Worship Communion Service, no hymns
10:45am informal Cafe Church or Baptism.
Cafe Church is a short, informal service led by our Worship Group. It generally lasts about 45 minutes, and refreshments are served throughout. Activities provided for the young and young at heart!
Third Sunday of the month:
10:45am Common Worship Communion Service
This is a short communion service. Children have the opportunity to attend Little Steps.
Little Steps- our enthusiastic team of volunteers lead Bible story time and craft activities for children aged 3 to 14 in the Parish Centre during the sermon.
Fourth Sunday of the month:
9:00am BCP Communion Service, no hymns
10:45am Family Communion – this is a short, lively service that actively involves children of all ages in the sermon and communion preparations. We are regularly joined by the local Cub Scouts for this service.
Fifth Sunday of the month:
10:45am Common Worship Communion Service